A demain!
Tuesday, 10 May 2011
I guess it's a sign of the times....
Just a quickie, as I'm in France at the moment doing a spot of work! I've been coming to Soulliac in the Dordogne for a number of years around this time of the year and the delightful little town has never dissapointed. The sun is always shining, the cobbled streets and medieval houses with their busy roofs are decorated with colourful flowers and it's just pleasant to stroll around in the warm sunshine.
This year there is a notable difference though - there are a lot of shops and restaurants that have signs outside saying "To let " or "To sell" even the French equivalent of the £ shop has closed down - yep, "Omnaprix" has closed it's doors and sold it's last cheap negligee and its last smelly candle - such a shame as I always enjoyed bartering in my best O level french with the owner! Can't complain too much though as it's a balmy 26 degrees and there's always the Fois Gras to look foward too!
A demain!
A demain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Letters from the Greek Islands -Part 2 - Crete
The series of e mail exchanges continues with my good friend and H & S travel guru - not for the faint hearted and does contain adul...
-
Today was class graduation day - 20 days of roasting .boiling, slicing, dicing, paring, kneading, proving and a host of other things. The...
-
The official start of Brtitish Summer Time and we've been promised another barbeque summer apparently! I won't hold my breath but h...
-
It's almost 10 years to the day that I joined a charity cycle ride round Costa Rica in aid of Mencap - November 2000 saw 64 intrepid...
No comments:
Post a Comment